NotesForGallery is an open source control on top of the Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX framework for easy displaying image galleries in the asp.net web applications. The objective of this project is to build a gallery easily and quickly. (2 lines of codes)
It is an easy to use, file-based, image gallery component / control. It is also a highly configurable application that automatically generates fast thumbnail indexes of a folder structure.
This robust ASP.NET Image Gallery can be integrated seamlessly with your ASP.NET applications. You can use NotesForGallery to quickly develop great looking slide shows and image galleries.
- Clean, lightweight and extremely fast loading by pre-loading photos;
- Slideshow with progress bar;
- Automatically creates thumbnails of all your images;
- Highly customizable layout, you can use your own CSS class for each element (album, gallery…);
- Customizable image box, you can change the overlay background, the overlay opacity, determine if the navigation is fixed, change your button text and the resizing speed…
- Customizable slide show, you can localize your button text, you have a play/stop button for the slide show, and you can change the slide show interval…
- Customizable thumbnail, you can change Size and quality;
- Display a gallery as album, in this context you can show a title and a description for your album, you can configure the fade speed to show the images.
- Optimization, all the scripts are minified, you can cache thumbnail, you can save your thumbnails to disk, more ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit like (in terms of structure)
- Search images recursively in sub folders
How to install?
Add the NotesFoGallery.dll reference in your web site (WebSite >> AddReference…)
Register the ThumbnailHandler in the Web.Config file (httpHandlers section):
<add verb="*" path="ThumbnailHandler.ashx" type="NotesFor.ThumbnailHandler, NotesForGallery" validate="false"/>
<handlers accessPolicy="Read, Write, Script, Execute">
<add name="ThumnailHandler" verb="*" path="ThumbnailHandler.ashx" type="NotesFor.ThumbnailHandler, NotesForGallery" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
Register the control in your page:
<%@ Register Assembly="NotesForGallery" Namespace="NotesFor" TagPrefix="ctl" %>
Add a Script Manager:
<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
Add the control on your page:
<ctl:Gallery runat="server" ID="Gallery1" FolderUrl="~/Images/1" Size="100" />
Sometimes there are some CSS problems on Chrome or Safari, to avoid these problems, you can add all css in your head section.
<link href="css/album.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link href="css/nf.lightbox.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link href="css/gallery.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />